1) Arts & Ammo asks do we really need a Secretary of the Arts?
2) Poached from Are We Lumberjacks: the Egg of Power.
3) Wow! If true, then he’s honor-bound to bugger off this mortal coil.
4) John Updike has died. I can’t say that I was a fan, having read only one of his books; however, the one I read - The Coup (about a fictional African dictator) – I enjoyed quite a lot.
5) You knew the Democrat spending bill was gonna be bad. How bad? This bad.
6) Hey, if things get rough, I can always be a contractor (H/T: Dog Fight at Bankstown).
7) Reason #37 that I don’t eat seafood: “”Blowfish testicles prepared by an unauthorized chef sickened seven diners in northern Japan.” Hey, authorized or not, I ain’t eatin’ that stuff.