Sunday, June 13, 2010

Obama continues to shake the money tree

Monty at Ace of Spades reports that Barry has found another thing to waste money on.
President Obama is asking for $50 Billion to distribute to state and local governments to avoid public-sector employee layoffs. (And for "public-sector employees", you can read "SEIU and Teacher's Unions".) The GOP is sure to oppose it, but may not be able to stop a concerted Democratic push.
Monty lays out the huge stakes:
I've often said that the opening conflict of the second American Civil War is going to be between the public sector and the private sector. The battles will remain primarily rhetorical and political, I think, but emotions are running higher now than I've ever seen them. This metastasizing of the Federal government cannot be allowed to continue unchecked, or it will be the ruin of us all.
Amen to that.

3 comments:

JeffS said...

This metastasizing of the Federal government cannot be allowed to continue unchecked, or it will be the ruin of us all.

The use of "metastasizing" in this post is spot on. It alludes to the Federal government growing like a cancer, and that is exactly what the issue is I believe BECAUSE I'm a Federal employee, one who has watched the Federal goobermint get wwwwwaaaaaayyyyy too big.

Paco said...

Jeff: That's a fact. And under Obama, the government's not only getting bigger, it's becoming more incompetent (the two phenomena are no doubt related). My own agency is a perfect microcosm of the Obama administration: we have more political appointees than we've ever had in the 12 years I've been there, and they are universally despised by the rank and file (regardless of party affiliation) for their arrogance and absolute cluelessness.

JeffS said...

"...the two phenomena are no doubt related..."

You can take THAT to the bank!

"...we have more political appointees than we've ever had in the 12 years I've been there, and they are universally despised by the rank and file..."

I don't see many of the political appointees down at my level, but I *do* get the "arrogance and absolute cluelessness" in full measure. And that comes from the SESers and other senior management (most of whom are first class suck ups); I can only assume that they get it from "higher up". And it ain't pretty to watch.