Friday, April 5, 2013

“The main difference between headaches and Bill Moyers is that headaches, even the worst of them, eventually go away”

One of the most repugnant hypocrites in America is at it again - on the public dime, of course.

Moyers has spent the better part of his adult life trying to live down the ignominy of having been one of Lyndon Johnson’s most pliable stooges, a craven hack who fully lived up to Johnson’s vision of the loyal assistant (“I want him to kiss my ass in Macy’s window at high noon and tell me it smells like roses”). But even though he’d like to bury public memory of his sordid operations as a Johnson hit man, he did completely embrace the Johnsonian ideal of big government, and his imposture in subsequent decades as an American philosopher, cloaking a desire for the endless expansion of the Great Society hokum in a fog of pseudo-intellectual grandiosity, is one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on television, public or private.


“Hey, quick, before I go on the air: is there any slop clinging to my snout bristles?”

Related: Ace ponders another group of execrable, and far more dangerous, hypocrites.

5 comments:

Spiny Norman said...

More Useful Golden labrador Retrievers Facts.

JeffS said...

Paco, I hate to say this, but you may want to consider re-installing that verification system for commenters. You're getting apammed more and more.

Paco said...

Jeff: It sure is getting worse. As near as I can tell, stuff began getting through the spam filter back around November, although most of it was formerly attaching to posts that were months, or even years, old. Lately, the spam has been attaching to new posts.

I'm reluctant to reinstall the verification system because the words can be pretty hard to make out; however, I may have to if this keeps up.

JorgXMcKie said...

You seem to like Moyers way more than I do.

He's an embarrassment to pseudo-intellectual hacks everywhere. Maybe even worse than Obama.

RebeccaH said...

My blood boils every time I see Kathy Boudin's name in print. I remember when they blew up their own townhouse, and I periodically ask God why He didn't get them all.